Information in English for people with disabilities!
Thousands of Israelis have disabilities of various types including physical, emotional and intellectual disabilities. Many of these people and their families are entitled to a wide range of services, benefits and support of which they might not be aware.
Did you know…
- The National Insurance Institute (Bituach Leumi) issues a Certificate of Disability which entitles people with disabilities to a variety of discounts and benefits.
- People with disabilities can have a disabled parking spot designated outside their home.
- There is a special program for integrating people with disabilities into the IDF.
- Parents of someone with disabilities are entitled to special sick day benefits from work.
- There are subsidized dental care options for people with disabilities.
As part of our on-going collaboration with Kol-Zchut, we are proud to have translated and published a comprehensive portal in English for people with disabilities. For more information including details and links related to accessibility, employment, housing, military service, relevant benefits and more, check out:
We offer these resources, along with hundreds of pages of other Israeli healthcare-related content for free to Israel’s English-speaking population.
Click here to donate now and please consider an on-going donation as everyone contributing their little part helps us do ours!
You can also help by:
- Spreading the word: Tell anyone and everyone you know who might be helped by our site and resources about us and what we have to offer.
- Collaborating with us by sharing your own knowledge, thoughts and experiences simply by leaving comments on our site and Facebook page (or simply “Liking” it) or, for the truly adventurous, in the form of a blog post (email us for more info: email@example.com).
Not familiar with SPP?
The Shira Pransky Project (SPP) was founded to help English speakers in Israel better navigate the Israeli healthcare system and make use of the rights and services that are out there.
What we do:
- Translate tons of useful info (hundreds of pages just as part of our collaboration with Kol-Zchut)
- Promote other useful info on our site (i.e. the biggest English directory of healthcare orgs in Israel and 5 Things to Know About Your Kupat Cholim)
- Help Israeli healthcare support organizations produce and distribute resources in English
To your health ! לבריאות