Have you ever wondered if/to what extent your medications are covered by national health insurance or your supplemental plan?
A co-payment is often required for all medications, and coverage may be dependent on meeting diagnostic criteria and/or other clinical factors specified in the listings (in Hebrew).
Medications in the Healthcare Basket
Medications included in the Healthcare Basket are provided to anyone covered by national insurance (anyone entitled to national insurance/paying Bituach Leumi contributions).
- Ministry of Health database – Searchable database with a listing of all medications currently included in the Healthcare Basket
Medications Covered by Supplemental Health Plans
Those who have a supplemental health plan are entitled to full or partial coverage of some medications which are not included in the Healthcare Basket.
- Clalit (Mushlam Platinum, Mushlam Zahav) – PDF document – as of January 2016
- Leumit (Silver, Gold) – Database search – click the letter or enter the English first letters into the search box
- Meuhedet (Adif, C) – Database search – enter the English first letters into the search box
- Maccabi (Sheli, Magen Kesef, Magen Zahav) – Database search – click the letter or enter the English first letters into the search box
Please note: Websites and listings may change or be updated over time so please leave a comment below if a link doesn’t work or is outdated.
If this information was helpful to you, please enable us to help others by supporting the project: