The Shira Pransky Project has had recent conversations with staff at both AACI and Nefesh B’Nefesh and we want you to know that both of these organizations are interested in helping you find your way in Isreali healthcare, support and rights.


AACI is dedicated to serving all English speakers in Israel (not just retirees and the elderly!) and has a team of friendly and knowledgeable professional counselors available for specialized information services including medical issues, rights, legal issues and much more. You can reach them by telephone or by making an appointment to meet, and in some areas they are available on a drop-in basis. They also schedule information seminars throughout the year, some of which focus on healthcare navigation.

Their main office is in Jerusalem and can be reached at 02-566-1181. For other locations around the country, see the AACI website.  You can also subscribe to their newsletter to get updates on events and other offerings. 

Nefesh B’Nefesh

Besides promoting aliya and facilitating that transition, Nefesh B’Nefesh also offers support services to olim already living in Israel. They have a social services department staffed by social workers that can offer personal support and guidance, as well as an advocacy department that can assist in dealing with bureaucratic offices.

The way to reach these departments is to contact the main office at 02-659-5800 and ask to be directed based on your issue. They also offer a dedicated email,, for questions about post aliyah support.

Don’t Stay Lost!

Whether you have been here for a month or decades, it’s important to remember that there are organizations out there dedicated to you. Your experience as an immigrant (even to your homeland) comes with some bumps along the rode, or some confusing turns, and help in those times is exactly why AACI and Nefesh B’Nefesh exist. So, reach out to them and don’t stay lost!

3 thoughts on “Getting Help from AACI and Nefesh B’Nefesh

  1. FYI Nefesh only helps Olim who have made Aliyah through NBN.
    They will kindly answer a question or 2 but real guidance and support are offered only to those having made Aliyah through them.

    • The first step is to ask the institution (kupah, hospital, etc.) that administered the test, or the doctor directly for a translation. It may be a routine and reasonable request. In fact, depending on the details surrounding these test results, the medical institution may have an obligation to provide a translation based on the Health ministry directive we describe here: If things get more complicated, you can ask if they have an administrator responsible for cultural competence (Memunah/eh al Hangasha Tarbutit) as that is supposed to be the position for implementing the Health Ministry directive.

Comments are closed.