Empowering Children and Giving Caregivers Respite
Ezer Mitzion’s respite program, allows your child to benefit from a change of scenery by spending time with a host family in a warm, supportive and caring environment. The program is designed to empower children, promoting their independence, while simultaneously giving caregivers a well deserved break.
Host families are individually chosen to meet children’s needs, and are trained by Specialist staff to care for their special guests.
Parents can choose their child’s host family from people they already know, or from the pool of host families at “Ezer Mitzion.” All host families, undergo rigorous testing and training process and are monetarily compensated for hosting children.
- The service is provided under the supervision of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services and supervised by qualified Social Workers.
- The program is available Israel-wide and available year round, including Shabbat and Chagim.
- Professional Staff accompany the host family during the child’s stay.
- The service is open to all citizens of Israel, irrespective of religion, race or gender.
- There is an 24-hour emergency response.
Target Population and Eligibility
Children and teens meeting the following criteria:
- Aged 3-21 years old (in specific cases from 0-3 and 21-25).
- Registered in one of three programs with Misrad Harevacha – Ministry of Social Affairs, Department for People with an Intellectual disability, Department for Treatment for People with Autism and Department for Rehabilitation.
How to participate in the program?
- Interested families are advised to contact the secretary of the program, to join the database of host families.
- Contact the Ezer Mitzion respite program, via phone 073-3956783/4, or by email: email@example.com Fax: 073-951120
- The host family receives payments for hosting and accommodation, (the payment amounts to 180 Shekel for a midweek stay and 360 shekel for a weekend.