Welcome to the most complete and comprehensive English listing of healthcare assistance and support organizations in Israel!
SASA Setton Kav Or- World Ort
The SASA Setton Kav Or Initiative is a one of a kind educational enterprise which provides unique programming for hospitalized children in more than 150 educational centers in 35 general and psychiatric hospitals and in rehabilitation institutions throughout Israel.
The Kav-Or program began it’s work in 1993 at the David Yellin Academic College of Education in Jerusalem. In 2009, at the recommendation of the Israeli Ministry of Education, the program was integrated with World ORT-Kadima Mada, World ORT’s representative in Israel. Since that time, The SASA Setton Kav Or Initiative has grown tremendously and continues to expand and increase the range of activities available to hospitalized children in Israel.
The goals of the program are to:
- Assist children in coping with the difficulties and challenges of hospitalization
- Empower the hospitalized children through implementing unique programs
- Help maintain educational continuity
- Integrate advanced learning technologies in the hospital educational centers
Some of Kav Or’s programs include:
- Providing innovative Hi-Tech tools and equipment for science and technology classrooms in the hospital schools. Kav Or supplies desktops and laptop computers including the necessary software and accessories like printers and webcams, scientific models, robotics kits, interactive whiteboards with projectors, cameras and video cameras, sports equipment and much more for leisure activities.
- Technical support and other assistance for the educational staff to enable optimal efficiency in planning, operating and integrating Internet infrastructures and technical equipment.
- Training Support – Kav Or’s instructors visit the hospitals to conduct training sessions for the educational staff, on-line training via the virtual campus, school and regional courses, also Kav Or hosts an annual three-day seminar for teachers in hospitals all over Israel. Additionally, Kav Or conducts seminars and conferences for the educational staff, in collaboration with the Association of Pediatricians in Israel.
- Contributing to the Educational environment by making the school interiors more appealing to the children with murals and special furniture for computers.
- Operating a unique website, www.kavor.org.il: The Kav Or website enables the children to communicate with their peers in other hospitals in the country and around the globe, their school communities, friends and families. The website provides access to forums and links for learning and leisure activities, in both Hebrew and Arabic.
- The SASA Setton Kav Or virtual campus; featuring lessons and enrichment activities for hospitalized children to access on their own or in groups. The website also offers as independent learning courses using e-learning technologies.
- On-line medical guide for children in cooperation with the hospitals’ medical and educational staff. The medical guide provides the children with access to child friendly medical information and can help to prepare them for pending medical procedures.
- Enriching and Extending the hours of available educational activities through the establishment of leisure oriented activities in the after school hours.
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers from various backgrounds. The volunteers are a very important part in operating hospital activities geared to benefit the children, The most significant group of volunteers are the Sherut Leumi (National Service volunteers) volunteers participate in the educational activities and serve as the ambassadors of The SASA Setton Kav Or Initiative in the hospitals. The volunteers are active in most of the hospitals, and serve in significant roles during morning and afternoon shifts.
Using the directory:
- Start specific – Begin by browsing the category that best describes your condition, as this category will only contain organizations that solely or primarily deal with that condition.
- Think broadly – After looking through your specific category, browse the list of categories to find other useful organizations. More general categories, such as “Legal aid” and “Physical disabilities” will include more general organizations that offer a variety of services to various populations.
- Check out the tags – The “tags” appearing after “Assistance:” in the listings give a general idea of the areas in which the organization specializes. Each organization’s page then includes more detailed information about what it does and the services it offers. You may also click a “tag” to see all organizations that offer that form of assistance.
- Search – If you already know the name of the organization you are looking for or can’t find what you need, search for the name of the condition, service or organization by using the search bar at the top of the page.
We have tried to make the directory simple and user-friendly, while being as comprehensive and helpful as possible. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the directory, or if there is an organization you know about that you couldn’t find, please contact us: email@example.com.
To your health ! לבריאות