Welcome to the most complete and comprehensive English listing of healthcare assistance and support organizations in Israel!
Lilach – Israel Society to Live and Die with Dignity
Lilach – Israel Society to Live and Die with Dignity works to protect the human dignity and prevent the suffering of patients who are dying.
The organization fights for legislative, legal and civil recognition of the right to live and die with dignity, which means avoiding the artificial extension of life for a terminally-ill individual who is against it.
The organization does not promote or support active euthanasia.
Activities of the organization:
- Activity in the Knesset to promote legislation which properly defines the rights of those who are dying
- Arranging conferences and lectures for doctors, nurses, social workers, lawyers, academics and students
- Providing information for the general public
- Disseminating living will forms for members and informing the public about the Ministry of Health’s living will form and procedures
- Providing a member’s living will to the hospital when appropriate
- Publishing the organization’s journal
Using the directory:
- Start specific – Begin by browsing the category that best describes your condition, as this category will only contain organizations that solely or primarily deal with that condition.
- Think broadly – After looking through your specific category, browse the list of categories to find other useful organizations. More general categories, such as “Legal aid” and “Physical disabilities” will include more general organizations that offer a variety of services to various populations.
- Check out the tags – The “tags” appearing after “Assistance:” in the listings give a general idea of the areas in which the organization specializes. Each organization’s page then includes more detailed information about what it does and the services it offers. You may also click a “tag” to see all organizations that offer that form of assistance.
- Search – If you already know the name of the organization you are looking for or can’t find what you need, search for the name of the condition, service or organization by using the search bar at the top of the page.
We have tried to make the directory simple and user-friendly, while being as comprehensive and helpful as possible. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the directory, or if there is an organization you know about that you couldn’t find, please contact us: email@example.com.
To your health ! לבריאות