Who is chronically ill according to the National Health Insurance Law?
An individual is considered to be chronically ill if one of the following applies:
- He/she receives a monthly maintenance dosage of at least one of the medications included on the list appearing here.
- He/she has one of the illnesses listed here.
- He/she does not meet one of the above criteria, but receives one drug or a group of therapeutic prescription drugs, which are not included in this list, continually for at least half a year.
As part of our on-going collaboration with Kol-Zchut, we are proud to have translated and published a comprehensive portal in English about chronic illness and chronically ill patients. For more information including the complete definition of chronic illness, listings of the included illnesses and medications, relevant benefits and specific information for various illnesses, check out:
We offer these resources, along with hundreds of pages of other Israeli healthcare-related content for free to Israel’s English-speaking population.
Click here to donate now and please consider an on-going donation as everyone contributing their little part helps us do ours!
You can also help by:
- Spreading the word: Tell anyone and everyone you know who might be helped by our site and resources about us and what we have to offer.
- Collaborating with us by sharing your own knowledge, thoughts and experiences simply by leaving comments on our site and Facebook page (or simply “Liking” it) or, for the truly adventurous, in the form of a blog post (email us for more info: email@example.com).
Not familiar with SPP?
AACI’s Shira Pransky Project (SPP) was founded to help English speakers in Israel better navigate the Israeli healthcare system and make use of the rights and services that are out there.
What we do:
- Translate tons of useful info (hundreds of pages just as part of our collaboration with Kol-Zchut)
- Promote other useful info on our site (i.e. the biggest English directory of healthcare orgs in Israel and 5 Things to Know About Your Kupat Cholim)
- Provide support and updated info on healthcare to AACI’s klitah counselors who assist olim in navigating all sorts of Israeli bureaucracies
- Help Israeli healthcare support organizations produce and distribute resources in English
To your health ! לבריאות