During these tense times SPP would like to offer our support to anyone seeking information in English that can be helpful in coping with the hostilities from Gaza and the military defensive operation, “Pillar of Defense”. To these ends, please take a look at the resources below and stay tuned for more.
Also, please contact our crack translator and coordinator Zachary Rothbart with any questions about Hebrew resources you have a hard time tackling on your own, or with more English resources for us to promote.
The Ministry of Health has an English page of Mental health assistance centers – Stress centers that are especially active at this time to assist everyone affected by the sirens and general tension. They are recommending you call the municipal information hotline (106) for specific contact numbers, but the Home Front Command is distributing a similar listing (in Hebrew) with telephone numbers, so here they are:
- Sderot – Sderot Herzl 59, Tel: 08-6891482
- Beersheba – Binyan HaMorim, Reger St. 85, Tel: 106
- Ashkelon – Mekif Dalet School, Ahad Haam Street at the corner of Haztzionut St., Tel: 08-6843012
- Ashdod – Center for Adult Education, Haatzmaut St. 54, Tel: 08-8559882
- Ashdod – Safra Community Center, Rova 14
- Kiryat Malachi – Bet Avraham, Yerushalayim Boulevard 16, Tel: 057-8417708
- Netivot – Ulpanat Bnei Akiva, Semilo St. 10, Tel: 08-9945023, old industrial area
- Kiryat Gat – Edith Pollack Community Center, Haatzmaut St., Tel: 106
- Eshkol Community Council – (Community Resilience Center) Theater in the Regional Council , Tel: 08-9985175
- Ofakim – Lehava Center, Pri Megadim St. 24 (across from the shopping center), Tel: 08-9921348
The government has also made available in English Israel’s Emergency Portal with important information for English speakers on home preparedness, emergency guidelines, updates and news, emergency assistance, radio stations, and emergency phone numbers.
Finally, for now, there is a comprehensive listing of useful information in Kol Zchut’s Emergency Rights (Pillar of Defense) Portal that is only in Hebrew at the moment, but we are working hard to make it available in English as well. Meanwhile, check it out and contact us with any specifics that are relevant to you but the Hebrew makes difficult.
… and praying, that calm returns to Israel soon, that all our soldiers and scared citizens return home safe and sound, that ultimately we can fulfill a dream of lasting peace, and that we can all return to the important work and fulfillment of our daily lives.