About this Benefit
All of the kupot cholim (health plans) offer home care services to patients who can’t get all of the medical services they need due to difficulty leaving the home. A full range of medical services are provided with home visits from doctors, nurses, and social workers, as well as paramedical providers, like physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and others.
Who is Entitled
Home care services are intended for patients who are confined to their homes temporarily or permanently due to their medical/physical condition and are not able to receive services in the kupat cholim branches. For Example:
- Patients with chronic illness
- Patients returning home after hospitalization
- Oncology patients
- The elderly
How to Get it
Individuals may be referred to the Home Care Unit (יחידה לטיפול בית or יחידה להמשך טיפול) by hospital staff, a family doctor, local social services or by contacting the unit directly. Contact information can be obtained from your local branch secretary or your kupat cholim’s information hotline.
Cancer patients may be entitled to additional home care through the Israel Cancer Association. Click here for more information.
- For more information, check out some related pages we have translated as part of our collaboration with Kol-Zchut:
- Listing of Home Care Units of Maccabi, Meuhedet and Clalit from the Eshel organization for the Elderly online database (in Hebrew)
- PDF version of the Eshel List
If this information was helpful to you, please enable us to help others by supporting the project: